Saturday, April 30, 2005

Bad Boy Latino?

I have always been open minded to Latino rap. I've brought a substantial amount of it, from Latino Velvet (of which I am a big fan) "Raza Park" to alot of the CD's of Cypress Hill, probably one of my favorite groups of all time. I also like the Kid Power Posse, El General, Mellow Man Ace, and Lighter Shade of Brown. Of course Pun was another one of my favorites, in addition to Fat Joe. Then there are alot of those violent Mexican rappers all based in Cali, which I like but have very limited mass appeal.

Looks like P Diddy is looking to get into the Latino rap game (what's up with Diddy and Latinos, first J Lo now this LOL)with PitBull to create Bad Boy Latino. But I don't know if this is old news, after all, didn't he sell Bad Boy? Oh yeah, that was 50%.

Anyways, this news is bubblin' up through the industry, with stories on ChronicMagazine, and AllHipHop.

Note to Diddy: I hope your Latino talent is better than your black talent (think G Dep, Black Rob, etc.)

Thanks to GNextInc for the link!

No comments:

Post a Comment