Friday, December 16, 2005

The whole "Stop Snitching" thing....

I was just reading the Black Electorate hip hop Fridays editorial, and he talked about how hypocritical it is when people get upset about "stop Snitching" t-shirts, and how this idea of not snitching resonates in all of society.

I'd have to say that basically, I don't believe in being involved in outting criminals. Why should I? One time me and friends at the time were going to go to a club, but we saw some dudes run up into the club and so we drove past. We came back and found out some nigga got shot. Cops asked us did we see anything, I said I didn't see nothing.

So, was I in the wrong? I don't know and I don't care. Why should I be held to a higher standard than journalists who out CIA agents, trifling ass soldiers who want to play "frat party" in Iraq, and police who beat down and harass people. Why should I do anything? I just went out for a night to party. I don't want to be involved in that.

At the beginning of the classic movie "A Bronx Tale", this kid gets in that whole Mobster lifestyle because he didn't tell on one of the good fellaz. Is that irresponsible, to put that in a movie for all to see? What about the rep of a kid in school who always "tells the teacher" when other students do wrong?

Americans seem to have these ideals that in order to be a good citizen, you have to do things like get involved in every situation, because that is what good American people are suppossed to do.

I guess that is good and all, but Im going to put it like this, I am not putting myself on the line for nothing. Im not snitching on nobody. And if some self righteous do-gooders dont like it, tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment