Friday, November 26, 2004

What's up with Philly radio?

I went to Philadelphia for the weekend, and I got to listen to the radio station in Philly, Wired 96.5. First of all, I hate that new Lil Jon song with Ludacris and Usher, "Lovers and Friends". I like Lil Jon, but him in a slow song? I wasn't feeling it. And then Ludacris in it? It just didn't add up!

Another horrible song making it's debut was 50 Cent's "Disco Inferno". That's right, DISCO Inferno. Just like that old 70's disco song, but not exactly like it. This song was more like In Da Club part 2, because it just has him talking about kicking it in a Club, and he says "Shake that Ass Girl" in the chorus. How original. No wonder why he delayed his album to make way for Eminem's. I can tell that this new album will suck, if this is the quality of his first single.

Then between Eminem's "Just Lose It"(I can't stand that song!), the "Lean Back" remix (over and over) and just about every Beyonce/Destiny's Child song they played over and over, and that summed up the playlist. They did sprinkle it with a few classics, but overall, yuck.

Interesting observation on this station, I notice that WUSL in Philly has no Eminem songs on its playlist. WRDW had 5 Eminem songs. WUSL is under the category of Urban, and WRDW is under the category of "Rhythmic". In other words, its a "pop" station that now plays rap. Interesting how radio works. Check out the playlists on RR Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment