Thursday, December 23, 2004

The Mind of Mannie?

You know, I was this close to buying "The Mind of Mannie Fresh". It was on sale at Sam Goody for like $12.99. I wanted to buy it, but my thing is, I have never been a big CD buyer.

I am really picky when it comes to CD buying. I brought CDs back in like 2003 because the main store here, Kemp Mill, went out of business. I've taken more or less to downloading off of EMusic, my main site, and Napster. The last CD I brought was Talib Kweli's "Beautiful Struggle", which I have yet to review but I wasn't super thrilled by it.

I gotta have something to go on before I buy any CD. It's gotta be like a major event or a classic before I mess with it. I would rather just read up on some reviews on sites and magazines, find out from other people, and hear a couple of songs before I get something. If I have extra cash, maybe, but its Christmas, and I don't have any money "floating around".

I really haven't messed with much Cash Money stuff since "Guerilla Warfare", which to me was one of like the top 10 of Southern rap music. That was back when they were all together. Individually, I'm never really feeling B.G., Juvenile, Birdman, Wayne or Mannie. "Hood Rich" was hot, but I brought the bootleg. I haven't heard nothing from Mannie, haven't heard a first or second single, so I gotta have much more to go on.

Anybody heard it? Drop me a comment and let me know if it was worth them dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment