Saturday, May 15, 2004

The Appeal of "Love Don't Cost A Thing", cheerleaders and cheerleader flicks!



I always wanted to date a cheerleader. I like cheerleaders. What is my obsession with them? Well, it goes back to the basic truth about cheerleaders.

Cheerleaders are like a man's fantasy. They embody that whole idea of a man getting the perfect woman, the one woman on top of the social ladder. They are usually the prettiest, the most perfect, total dimes, being a perfect ten.

I remember one time at college they had an auction for the cheerleaders. This girl that came up sat on the table and she had on her uniform, all posing and stuff. I was set to bid, but I dont know what happened, but I started thinking; does this insinuate that I cant get a date but with a cheerleader? That I have to take part in such an activity to do this? I was on not so level ground back then. I was shy, and a real cornball. So, I backed out on the whole thing.

I kinda wished that I went through with it; it would have been embarrasing as heck and I wouldve just been serving my own perverted fantasies and my lofty ideas of what she is as oppossed to who she is. Im kinda sick like that at times.

Not to say that we dont all fantasize about cheerleaders and such, but I think that if you are going to be out there doing your thing, you pursue people for who they are, not what they are. Because when she doesnt have the uniform, what will be the deal? Will there be anything that you bring to the table? Will there be anything that you can say that you really offer?

No comments:

Post a Comment