Saturday, June 05, 2004

Free Your Mind.....


Buy "Free Your Mind" at Amazon.

I only got into the P-Funk when I was listening to some gangsta rap and wanted to hear who was behind the music being sampled. Also, one of the guys I work with is from that era when people in DC were crazy about the P-Funk. The group Funkadelic is from this area! Parliment-Funkadelic even did the CD "Chocolate City" in tribute to their large following in the Washington DC area. Everybody knows DC is "Chocolate City"!

I brought the "Free Your Mind album from some ol' school record store, and to me it was crazy! They did some serious drugs making that one.

"Free Your Mind" was a serious rock/funk tour de force that has not ever been duplicated in rock history. It's a radical album yet could appeal to hippies, stoners, and the liberal intellectuals all at once! Hip Hop has yet to produce anything as experimental and appealing to everybody. Don't get me wrong, of course I love hip hop. Certain arguments can be made, but I just don't think there is anything else quite like this album. It's sheer genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment